Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Battle of Bands to Determine Ziegfest Opening Set
House of Rock Hosts Competition Sept. 13CORPUS CHRISTI – Your band could win the right to play Ziegfest 2012 at Whataburger Field on Saturday, October 6!
That’s right… envision your act opening for headliner Pat Green, Black Joe Lewis, Shooter Jennings, Bob Schneider, the Ian Moore Band and Jesse Dayton that afternoon in a 30- to 45-minute performance.
Fan voting in an on-line survey from Tuesday, August 28 until 3 p.m. on Tuesday, September 4 at texashouseofrock.com and facebook.com/ZiegfestCC determines the four bands who’ll battle for Ziegfest lead-off honors. Those acts meet on Thursday, September 13, at the House of Rock, 511 Starr Street in downtown Corpus Christi.
There, Battle of the Bands paid audience members settle the issue by placing their ticket in the jar of their favorite group.
Enter your band today through August 20 by sending band and contact information and links to Stephanie Garcia at email@example.com
Preferred band genres include – but are not limited to – southern rock, blues, country, Americana, funk, and all those similar.
Learn more about Ziegfest here
“This is a great opportunity for both local and out-of-town bands to rally fan support and showcase their abilities,” House of Rock owner Casey Lain said. “Our goal is to have a fun, safe and fair contest.
“There is a remarkable talent pool out there and it will be truly special to see the winning band open at Ziegfest.”
Questions about the Battle of the Bands can be directed to Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 361-882-ROCK (7625).
Here are complete contest rules:
1. For entry, please send bands info, links and contact information to email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted between Wednesday, August 8, 2012 and Tuesday, August 20, 2012.
2. Preferred band genres include, but are not limited to, southern rock, blues, country, Americana, funk, and all those similar.
3. All bands who submit their entry will be added to our on-line survey where fans will vote on their favorite band starting Tuesday, August 28, 2012 and ending on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
5. The 4 bands with the highest number of votes will battle it out live on stage Thursday, September 13, 2012 at House of Rock.
6. Stage management has final say on all activities on stage. Any band going over the time limit, or disregarding event management’s direction about anything, including safety and time, may be disqualified.
7. The winner of the live battle of the bands will be determined on Thursday, September 13, 2012 solely by the fans. Every person who purchases admission to the live battle of the bands will be issued one ticket to be used for voting. When the battle is over, House of Rock management and an unaffiliated observer will count the tickets in each jar. The band who received the most tickets (votes) wins the battle and will perform at Ziegfest at Whataburger Field on Saturday, October 6, 2012.
8. All bands will receive 30 minutes of playtime with a 15 minute changeover between sets. It is the band’s responsibility to set gear and be ready to perform within the allotted time.
9. The winning band will receive a thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minute opening set at Ziegfest. The set time is to be determined. Each band member is allowed one guest to the show. Additional tickets to the show can be purchased at www.ryansandersentertainment.com.
10. All bands entered MUST be able and willing to perform on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at House of Rock and Saturday, October 6, 2012 at Whataburger Field. Times are subject to change.
11. Bands must report, ready to load in, to the venue at House of Rock at least one hour before doors. Straws will be drawn before doors to decide the line-up. At the live battle of the bands, a band representative must remain on site until the votes are counted at the end of the show.
12. All bands agree to have their name, music, logo, and/or likenesses used in any advertising, broadcasting, or merchandising material relating to this event without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use. Band members must provide all musical instruments and equipment necessary for their performance. The event organizers cannot be held liable for any lost, damaged, or stolen equipment. Fires, pyrotechnics, fog machines, etc. are not allowed.
13. Our goal is to have a fun, safe and fair contest. House of Rock reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations of the contest if deemed necessary. House of Rock will have final word in any disputes that should arise concerning the contest.
14. If your band is voted to advance to the live battle of the bands, you are allowed to create and use your own promo materials as long as they do not incriminate or use false advertisement against House of Rock, Whataburger Field, Ryan Sanders Entertainment, all bands affiliated or any other competitors taking place in this battle of the bands or events associated with it.
By submitting an entry to this event, your band, management, crew, and other staff agrees to the rules laid out in this document and the rules of House of Rock.
ATTN BANDS: This is a local battle of the bands where the winner wins an opening spot for a national tour taking place here locally at Whataburger Field. Out of town bands are welcome to participate as long as they can follow the rules and guidelines of the contest. Good Luck!
Still have questions? Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephanie, Casey, Adrianne or Kyle at 361-882-ROCK (7625).
Copyright ©2013 Ryan-Sanders Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.